A savory smell wafted from the kitchen. Whatever it was – it smelled delicious. Curious what delightful dish was being prepared for dinner, I tiptoed in and lifted the lid. This couldn’t be possible, Venison Goulash never smelled this good.
Giving in to the lure of my taste buds, I sampled the mixture. A combination of well seasoned venison and Italian flavor made it a gratifying dish.After complimenting my cook of over 20 years, I asked her to share the recipe.
It’s simple and savory. Enjoy!
This isn’t your great-aunts Goulash.
1 tbsp. of Italian seasoning
1 tbsp. of brewed coffee (optional)
2 lbs of coarsely ground venison
1 (8oz) box of medium shell macaroni
2 (10.75oz ) cans of tomato soup
1 (28oz) can of Dei Fratelli Chopped Italian Tomatoes, Herbs & Olive Oil
1. In a large pan brown the ground venison.
2. Add your choice of Italian seasoning. Mix well.
3. In separate pan boil the 8 oz med shell macaroni to preferred texture.
4. After the venison is fully browned, combine the drained macaroni, the two cans of tomato soup, brewed coffee and the one can of Dei Fratelli Chopped Italian Tomatoes, Herbs & Olive Oil. Stir well.
5. Cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
6. Serve hot and enjoy.
By Randy Hynes